Firebug 1.2 Release Notes
Revision as of 12:33, 14 April 2011 by Sebastianz
Features and changes
- Disable always: when the Firebug UI is not active on any page, the debugger is disabled (minimal overhead)
- Instant on: when the Firebug UI is active, HTML, CSS, DOM views activate (minimal overhead)
- Script panel user-activation: initially disabled or enabled always
- Net panel user-activiation: initially disabled or enabled always
- Console panel user-activation: initially disabled or enabled always. Controls ShowXMLHTTPRequest, consoleListener
- Bug Icon gray unless some page has Script or Net panel activation
- Multipanel enablement.
- No Allowed-sites/Disable for Site: no longer needed.
- Suspend/Resume Firebug in status bar context menu
- List pages that enable Firebug on the Context menu tooltip. The UI for this feature is being refined; overhead tests have not been completed. We are interested in feedback on this UI change.
- Written/cleaned up eval support
- Performance on eval better, easier to support.
- Net timing more accurate
- Only real network requests displayed.
- Limit for number of requests (configurable in preferences).
- Additional columns for: request method, status response + text
- Cache tab has expiration time in Net panel
- The Response tab has a hack to prevent extra requests to the server. Users must click on a button to force the request. The hack will not be needed in the next release of Firebug.
- Redesigned to use events/attribute passing. (tests/console/joes-original/test.html mostly passes)
- Redesigned to avoid using evalInSandbox. (tests/console/commandLineObjects.html mostly passes, commandLineAPI functions, ok)
- Works for FF3pre after about 2008041406 (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=425139)
- Secure updates via signed update.rdf with xpi updateHash values.