Firebug 1.4 Release Notes
Revision as of 05:35, 14 April 2011 by Sebastianz (Firebug 1.4 release notes)
Features and changes
Not Panel specific
- Curtis Bartley's Tabs-on-top UI reordering
- Improved and simplified "natural" Activation UI, minimize to context menu, all on/off, Firebug stays put.
- Firebug remembers which pages you had opened Firebug on.
- Supports Firefox 3.5
- Adds tab switching shortcut. Currently hardcoded to ctrl + shift + pgup/pgdown
- search across all files (contribution by kpdecker)
- Accessiblity by Hans Hillen, incl. tabbing and focus identification, panels Script, DOM , CSS, Breakpoints, DOM
- (some) Testing before shipping!
- jsd.initAtStartup set false not true
- resetAllOptions on Firebug status bar context menu
- No more entites for locales, all properties
- Implement breakOnNext UI for STEP_SUSPEND
- Leave the debugger controls visible if the js is stopped
- Implement stepStayOnDebuggr to keep chrome out of firebug and vice versa
- Implement dynamicURLhasBP to avoid MD5 on eval unless breakpoints are set on evals
- skipScrolling if the lines are still in view.
- search in source boxes now ignores case unless the user puts an upper case character in the search request box
- group eval and events together under path to parent file
- implement traceCalls/untraceCalls
- implement decompileEvals
- support for STATUS_RESOLVING
- Support for custom tabs for net requests (like Headers, Params, etc.) within net panel.
- Json tab is available even for XHR entries in Console panel.
- Limit for cached responses in tabCache.
- Maximum size limit for cached responses can be specified in preferences.
- Console panel ShowXHRDisabled for FF3.5 until bugzilla 483672 is fixed.
- Search response bodies
- All modules support Firebug.Listener
- add option extensions.firebug-tracing-service.toOSConsole for debugging tracing or early FF
- TabWatch dispatch separate from modules dispatch
- acceptContext/declineContext replaced by shouldCreateContext/shouldNotCreateContext
- function() objects default rep is next to last so function types can be trapped by supportsObject()
- DBG_ACTIVATION to focus tracing on activation issues
- DBG_SHORTCUTS to focus tracing on key binding issues
- DBG_LOCALE tracing for missing localization