Firebug 1.8 API Changes
Revision as of 22:09, 12 May 2011 by Honza
TODO: This is only a rough list of changes, more explanation needed.
- Firebug source files use Asynchronous Module Definition (AMD)
- firebug-http-observer (JS module) is obsolete. Use "firebug/http/requestObserver"
- FBL.CCIN, FBL.CCSV and FBL.QI are obsolete, use "firebug/lib/xpcom"
- firebug-trace-service is obsolete, use "firebug/lib/trace"
- HTMLLib is not part of Firebug namespace, you need to include "firebug/lib/htmlLib.js
- $STR, $STRP, $STRP, registerStringBundle, getStringBundle, getDefaultStringBundle, getPluralRule, internationalize and internationalizeElements are part of "firebug/lib/locale"
- dispatch and dispatch2 are part of "firebug/lib/events" module
- All preferences should be accessed through firebug/lib/options module
- FBL.deprecated is now Deprecated.deprecated (firebug/lib/deprecated)
- FBTrace comes from "firebug/lib/trace"
- New modules: url, wrapper (don't use the API from FBL)
- FBL.findNext and FBL.findPrevious no longer exist.
- FirebugChrome namespace: getBrowsers, getCurrentBrowsers, getCurrentURI API removed and part of firefox/firefox module
- There is a new fbMainFrame (wrapping fbContentBox)
- New $ API: http://groups.google.com/group/firebug-working-group/browse_thread/thread/c8081f66a5139312
- FirebugChrome is obsolete global (still available in 1.8 perhaps) and replaced by Firebug.chrome
- Firebug.getTabForWindow and getTabIdForWindow is removed, use firefox/window getWindowProxyIdForWindow