GIT Development Workflow
Revision as of 18:03, 7 March 2012 by Honza
- Anything in the
masterbranch is deployable
- To implement a new features or bug fix, create a new feature branch off of
- Commit all your changes to the branch and push on the server
- When you need feedback/review/help open a pull request
- After testing your branch by running Firebug test suite on it, merge it into
- When doing a release create a branch off of
- The master branch should be stable.
- It should be always safe to make a release from it.
- If you push changes into master they must be tested by Firebug automated test suite and all tests must pass.
- You should feel guilty if you break the
When you work on a new feature or fixing a bug, create a new feature branch.
First clone Firebug repo:
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:firebug/firebug.git
Create a new
$ cd firebug $ git checkout -b myfeature master
Commit all changes into your feature branch:
$ git add <modified-file> $ git commit -m "This is my new feature"
Push to public server (into myfeature branch):
$ git push -u origin myfeature