Turn Firebug Off When You Aren't Debugging
Some web sites like Garmin Connect work extra hard to create a great user experience. They may put up a message when they detect the Firebug "console" object, indicating that you are actively running Firebug. Most users want to use the Garmin Connect site, not debug it.
How to turn Firebug Off
Different versions of Firebug have different procedures for turning Firebug off. In addition, some optional settings can turn Firebug on for all sites.
Determine the version of Firebug =
- hover your mouse over the firebug icon in the lower right corner, or
- Use Firefox > Tools > Addons and look for Firebug
- Open Firebug and click on the Firebug Icon menu, the bottom entry is About...version.
If you are running an older version of Firebug, consider upgrading: it's better all the time. Firebug 1.5.4 was current in spring 2010.
Turning Firebug 1.5 and 1.4 Off
- Open Firebug by clicking on the Firebug icon in the lower right corner.
- Turn Firebug off by clicking the red icon in Firebug's upper right corner. It looks like a power button [(|)].
- You're done!
Some users set options to have Firebug on for all sites. You can reset these in Firebug 1.4 and 1.5.
For older versions you can reset options by:
- Use url "about:config"
- search for "extensions.firebug"
- reset any options that don't have default value.