This page summarizes concepts related to support for e10s (Electrolysis) in Firebug framework.
- 905436 - (e10s-addons) [Tracking] Add-on compatibility in electrolysis
- 817580 - Expose tab actors for apps in child processes.
 Message Managers
See the following diagram illustrating basic concept of message managers in Firebug framework.
- Firebug Debugger UI, the client, is on the left side (orange color)
- Debuggee, the server, is on the right side (red color)
- The communication between client and server is done through RDP
- The communication between the parent and child processes (both on the back-end) is based on message managers (platform API)
- Note that child processes can send synchronous messages to their parent process, but not the other way around.
- Read more about message managers