Revision as of 10:32, 23 October 2009 by Johnjbarton (Created page with ' == How are the XUL files used? == * browserOverlay.xul : puts Firebug into the bottom of the browser window by "overlay" on to Firefox's browser.xul * firebug.xul: puts Firebug…')
How are the XUL files used?
- browserOverlay.xul : puts Firebug into the bottom of the browser window by "overlay" on to Firefox's browser.xul
- firebug.xul: puts Firebug into its own window.
- firebugOverlay.xul: overlays browserOverlay.xul or firebug.xul to add placement-independent features by XUL.
How are panels created?
Basically follow the pattern of an existing panel.
- extend Firebug.Panel
- add methods
- use 'this.context' for context dependence
- Add UI to 'this.panelNode' as HTML.
- Learn about domplate to create the HTML
How does debugging work?
We use Chromebug to debug Firebug.
How to write a firebug extension?
A Firebug extension is just a Firefox extension that happens to work on top of Firebug.
How to use FBTrace?
if (FBTrace.DBG_YOUREXT) FBTrace.sysout(<string>, object);